Have you ever wanted to perfect your flossing skills? Although it is a task you should be doing every day, it is often not done correctly or in an efficient manner. The products themselves can play a role in the effectiveness of the treatment as well.
Be an oral health care boss with dental floss. Here are some tips to improve your habit:
– Always use floss that is shred resistant to ensure it will not fail during normal use. The best shred resistant filling is single filament thread.
– Dental floss is extremely important to remove plaque debris that brushing alone cannot reach.
– The best way to hold dental floss is to wrap each end around a finger on each hand, making sure there is enough give to move up and down the strand as necessary.
– A standard flossing session should consist of a deep cleaning between each tooth, roughly lasting 2-3 minutes total.
– Never use the same piece of dental floss more than once. This includes within the same strand, so you will need a piece roughly 18 inches in length to ensure you can clean each tooth with a new section.
If you are looking to improve your smile with a professional cleaning, tooth restoration, or any other procedure at Northridge Dental LLC, you are welcome to book an appointment with Dr. Timothy Dinkelman and our team at our dentist office in Lincoln, Nebraska. We can be reached at 402-477-1177. Tooth decay can be conquered, so feel free to come see us today.