A toothache is a common, yet painful oral health disorder that results when the nerve endings of a tooth are damaged, either from physical injury or bacterial infection. If left untreated, toothaches could lead to far worse outcomes, including permanent loss of the tooth. If you suffer from any of the following, seek treatment from your dentist for toothaches:
– TMJ disorders can often be the cause of toothaches.
– If you have lost a tooth due to an oral accident, infections and toothaches are likely to occur.
– Facial rashes, high fevers, and chills that are uncharacteristic and unexplained can be the result of a toothache.
– If you continue to show signs of pain after a full 24 hours following an extraction, a toothache may be to blame, even though the tooth is extracted.
– Pulp death can be caused by a multitude of sources, including oral accidents, injuries, tooth decay, dental erosion, cavities, among others.
– If pain continues after using pain medications, you may have a toothache.
– Notable swelling and fevers can be connected to toothaches.
If you would like Dr. Timothy Dinkelman and our team at Northridge Dental LLC to bring you in for an oral examination to determine which toothache treatments are best for you, please contact our dentist office in Lincoln, Nebraska, by calling us at 402-477-1177. We can get you on the path to smiles for miles!